The Knowles Academy offers state-of-the-art professional development experiences for teachers. All Academy courses are designed and facilitated by experienced teachers who understand the complexities of teaching in today’s world.
Through this Knowles Academy online short course, teachers will learn how to leverage group work to give students access to more learning opportunities.
Equitable Group Work
What was group work like for you when you were a student? Do you want it to look similar or different? Do you love the idea of your students working in groups? In this professional development course, teachers will learn how to leverage group work to give students access to more learning opportunities. Teachers will be introduced to issues of equity while reflecting on their current group work practices. Facilitated by teachers with experience in implementing group work in a variety of classroom contexts, teachers will learn about small changes that they can implement to make the group work structures in their classes more equitable.
- Examine and define what equity in group work looks like and leave with a tool to better identify equitable group work in your classroom
- Reflect on how current group work practices impact student access to opportunities to learn
- Learn principles and techniques to support equitable group work
- -OR- Discuss how more equitable strategies could be implemented into current classroom tasks
- Prepare for implementing group work structures to provide more opportunities for more students