Knowles Teacher Initiative is seeking a marketing associate to work as part of our operations team to develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns to promote our programs and key initiatives.
Knowles seeks to strengthen the teaching profession and increase the US educational system’s capacity to continually improve science and math education by creating a networked community of teachers who mentor and sustain new teachers, set and meet high standards for student learning, and create and uphold benchmarks of teacher professionalism grounded in a deep and nuanced understanding of the work of teaching. Rather than waiting for leaders to emerge from within the educational system, Knowles identifies and selects beginning teachers who show the potential to develop into outstanding teachers who lead from the classroom. For more information about Knowles Teacher Initiative programs and this position visit www.knowlesteachers.org/careers.
The marketing associate will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns that promote the organization’s brand, programs and key initiatives. In this role, the marketing associate will need to develop messaging and campaign strategies to target key audiences. Their primary focus will be to implement campaigns that increase brand awareness and generate interest in our Teaching Fellows Program and Academy courses and offerings. This individual will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing all event marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns to promote the organization, Teaching Fellowship applications, the Knowles Academy, and the work of our Fellows
- Manage website SEO and Google Adwords campaigns
- Understand the dynamics of the digital marketing ecosystem and extract key trends, topics, and content themes that will help us engage our audience
- Use WordPress CMS to update and maintain the organization’s website
- Maintain KPI dashboard for social and marketing activities; use data to analyze campaign effectiveness
- Manage all leads and marketing campaigns in Salesforce
- Nurture leads to grow and manage a segmented contact database
- Use high touch marketing practices to build relationships with potential Fellowship applicants and Academy course attendees
- Draft and distribute media pitches
- Manage and grow the organization’s social media presence
- Plan, coordinate and support all aspects of our attendance at events and conferences
- Manage Knowles Academy course registrations
- Coordinate and host all webinars, including Teaching Fellowship and Academy recruiting webinars, panels and Academy short courses
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel
We’re also seeking candidates who have the following characteristics and experiences, though we know not all qualified candidates will have all of them:
- At least 2 years of experience with implementing integrated marketing campaigns
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational abilities, administrative and project management skills, and attentive to details
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Google Suite, customer relationship management systems (Salesforce preferred) and content management systems (WordPress preferred),
- Experience using email marketing tools (Mailchimp or Salesforce preferred)
- Experience establishing a social media presence
- Collaborative orientation, flexibility, and the ability to be proactive in problem-solving and carrying out responsibilities
- Experience using a project management/task management tool (i.e., Asana, Trello, Smartsheet)
Knowles has a distributed workforce, with staff working from locations across the United States. This position is based in Moorestown, New Jersey, and requires working in-person from the Moorestown, NJ office three to five days per week. The position requires working some weekends, including travel to different locations across the country; we consider the position’s travel requirements to be 5-10%.
The Marketing Associate will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager. Salary is based on education and experience. Knowles Teacher Initiative offers a full, generous benefits package. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and a resume to: email@example.com
The Janet H. and C. Harry Knowles Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the organization, our community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The Foundation does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, liability for military service, status as a veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.