The Knowles Teacher Initiative is seeking a Marketing Associate to work as part of our operations team to develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns to promote our programs and key initiatives.
Knowles seeks to strengthen the teaching profession and increase the U.S. educational system’s capacity to continually improve science and math education by creating a networked community of teachers who mentor and sustain new teachers, set and meet high standards for student learning, and create and uphold benchmarks of teacher professionalism grounded in a deep and nuanced understanding of the work of teaching. Rather than waiting for leaders to emerge from within the educational system, Knowles identifies and selects beginning teachers who show the potential to develop into outstanding teachers who lead from the classroom. For more information about Knowles Teacher Initiative programs and this position visit www.knowlesteachers.org/careers.
The Marketing Associate will be responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns that promote the organization’s brand, programs and key initiatives. In this role, the Marketing Associate will need to develop messaging and campaign strategies to target key audiences. Their primary focus will be to implement campaigns that increase brand awareness and generate interest in our Teaching Fellows Program and Academy courses and offerings. This individual will be responsible for organizing and supporting all tradeshow and conference marketing initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement advertising and email marketing campaigns to promote the organization, Teaching Fellowship applications, the Knowles Academy, and the work of our Fellows
- Responsible for website SEO and managing Google Adwords campaigns
- Understand the dynamics of the digital marketing ecosystem and extract key trends, topics, and content themes that will help us engage our audience
- Publish digital marketing content online
- Analyze marketing campaigns effectiveness
- Manage all leads and marketing campaigns in Salesforce
- Grow and manage a segmented contact database
- Responsible for developing and implementing media pitches
- Manage and grow the organization’s social media presence
- Attend and support our presence at all tradeshows and conferences
- Manage Academy course registrations
- Support Teaching Fellowship and Academy recruiting webinars, panels and short courses
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- At least 2 years experience implementing integrated marketing campaigns
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational abilities, administrative and project management skills and attentive to details
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Google Suite, customer relationship management systems (Salesforce preferred) and content management systems (WordPress preferred)
- Experience using email marketing tools (Mailchimp or Salesforce preferred)
- Experience establishing a social media presence
- Collaborative orientation, flexibility, and the ability to be proactive in problem solving and carrying out responsibilities
Knowles has a distributed workforce, so all employees work from home most of the time. The position requires working some weekends, including travel to different locations across the country; we consider the position’s travel requirements to be 5-10%.
The Marketing Associate will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager. Salary is based on education and experience. Knowles Teacher Initiative offers a full, generous benefits package. Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Janet H. and C. Harry Knowles Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, welcomes individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the organization, our community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The Foundation does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, liability for military service, status as a veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.